Nobody is born an atheist!Everyone is born with an innate knowledge that there is a God. You have a Maker, a Creator. Your greatest need is to know that you have a right relationship with God. You must know that you are at peace with God. The wonderful news is that God has already made complete provision for you to be in a right relationship with Him. God has explained it all in the Bible. There are three simple steps to be in a right relationship with God.
How do you enter into a right relationship with God? It's very simple and very clear.
1. First, admit your sin and guilt.
The law is God's perfect expression of righteousness. It is the standard that God requires of every person. It is summarized in the Ten Commandments. How do you measure up to God's standard? Here are some questions for you to answer with an honest heart:
- Have you ever lied?
- Have you ever taken something that didn't belong to you?
- Have you ever taken God's name and used it as a curse word? (example: "Oh, my G-d!")
- Have you ever committed sexual sin or had a lustful heart towards another person?
- Did you ever disobey your parents while growing up or disrespect them in any way?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, you are guilty of violating God's holy law. And these are only five of the Ten Commandments!
The fact is - we have all repeatedly broken and disobeyed God's moral law and come up short of God's standard.
What are the consequences? The Bible is clear:
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die..." Ezekiel 18:20a
"For the wages of sin is death..." Romans 6:23a
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Revelation 21:8
You may believe that God's goodness will cause Him to overlook your sins, but it's God's goodness that will see to it that justice is done.
If God allows one sin to go unpunished, He is not a righteous Judge. The first step towards entering a right relationship with God is to admit that you have fallen short of God's standard and you stand guilty before the Judge of this universe.
2. Second, acknowledge the total righteousness of Christ.
There is an unachievable standard of righteousness that God has established in the Ten Commandments. But the standard has been achieved in Christ Jesus!
- "For we have not an high priest (Jesus) which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." Hebrews 4:15
- "And ye know that he (Jesus) was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin." I John 3:5
- "Who (Jesus) did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth." I Peter 2:22
- The only One who ever kept the standard, the only One who did not deserve to die - DIED! The Bible says He died for us.
- "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree..." I Peter 2:24a
- "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit."I Peter 3:18
- "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly." Romans 5:6
Because of Jesus' death and resurrection from the dead, relationships between God and man can now be reestablished. But how does it happen?
3. Third, place your faith and trust completelyThere is an unachievable standard of righteousness that God has established called the law. We've all come up short, but there is a ray of hope - look at Romans 3:21-22: "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested...Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe..."
in the work of Christ.
You can have the righteousness of God by faith, by believing!
"Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." Romans 3:24
Do you realize what it means to be justified before God?
- It means the righteous standard God requires has been credited to you and your falling short of the standard has been credited to Christ when He died for your sins.
- Justification is a free pardon for you even though you've come up short of the standard.
The pardon is given when you truly desire to turn from your sin and turn to Jesus Christ in faith.
"Whom (Jesus) God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission (forgiveness) of sins that are past...To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law." Romans 3:25, 26, 28
"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 5:1
- Will you today admit you've come up short of God's standard and that you stand guilty before a holy God?
- Will you confess to God that you have broken His law repeatedly?
- Will you trust Him today for the forgiveness of your sin and receive God's provision for your sin - Jesus Christ?
- Will you trust Him to be your Savior today?
- If so, God has promised us eternal life!
“And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.” I John 2:25
If you have received Christ as your Savior and now you are in a right relationship with God, would you let us know about your decision so that we can rejoice with you?
We also have some information to share with you to help you grow and deepen your relationship with God in your daily walk with Him. Just click here to fill it out our form and tell us what you did today.